The normal noise level for the human ear comes between 10dB to 20dB. However, prolonged exposure to sounds over 85dB can damage the hearing in the long run. The amount of noise that occurs at construction sites can be hazardous to the human ear. The noise level at the construction sites exceeds 90dB. Prolonged exposure to these noise levels can cause hearing problems. Not all construction workers wear earmuffs. We often grumble that they are bulky, uncomfortable and expensive. We have already composed an article for the best headphones for construction workers. However, earmuffs are also a popular option for hearing protection on construction workers. In this article, we collected a few top-rated earmuffs for industrial workers and aim to help those workers easily buy their best hearing protection in case of a noisy construction environment.
What are the best Earmuffs for Construction Workers?
There are quite a few earmuffs available in the market which is one of the best earmuffs for construction. Let’s check these out and understand the specification of each.
What Decibel Defense says about these earmuffs: “The Highest Rated, Most Comfortable Safety Ear Muffs Available! – The Double-D guarantee”
- 5 colors: Black, white, Pink, Blue, and Orange;
- Protects your ears against the high decibels outside as well as an electronic hearing system takes care of any discussions you need to have on the site;
- Fold and carry anywhere; even in your toolkit;
- Adjust it over your ears for proper protection;
- Earmuffs and headband both are padded for added comfort and double stitched to ensure durability;
- Perfect Earmuffs for blocking any construction-related;
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 34-37 decibel (dB);
- Certification: ANSI S3.19 & CE EN 352-1, OSHA approved at NRR 34dB
- Noise protection with comfort and also have the ability to have conversations.
- 2 colors: Black and red.
- Noise-cancelling ear muffs with 34dB SNR Technology
- Swivel ear cup on an adjustable headband along with memory foam padding provides a tight soundproof. The ear cups can swivel 360-degrees.
- Lightweight and compact and can be carried effortlessly in any bag.
- Helps protect your ears and ensures that you can concentrate on work
- It comes with a carry case.
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 22 decibels (dB)
- Certification: US ANSI S3.19 and EU CE EN352.1.
- Complete airtight protection noise cancelling ear muffs with soft memory foam padding. Making it extremely comfortable to wear. Along with being compact to carry.
- Perfect fit and lightweight;
- Extremely durable even if you are working on a construction site;
- Blocks out daily noise;
- Average Amazon user rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 with a 5-star rating by 75% of purchasers;
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 30 decibel (dB);
- Certification: ANSI S3.19 & CE EN 352-1
- Highly compact ear muffs with the unique durable design;
- Extremely lightweight to relieve the pressure while working and keeps the ears cool even during long hours of wear;
- Noise-cancelling without blocking out necessary conversation.
- Noise dampening foam in two layers of comfortable protection;
- Strong built;
- Perfect fit; especially suitable for people working at a construction;
- One size fits all;
- A 5-star rating by 87% of Amazon purchasers;
- Noise Reduction Rating (NRR): 28 decibels (dB), 34dB SNR;
- Certification: ANSI S3.19 & CE EN 352-1
Stainless steel retractable ear muffs making this headset adjustable and comfortable. Also, the earmuffs come with a protective carrying bag. Passive batteryless noise cancelling.
Making the right choice – Earplugs, Earbuds or Earmuffs
People tend to make mistakes understanding the difference between earmuffs, earplugs, and earbuds. Earmuffs are designed such that the cups, which are held in adjustable bands and are designed to cover the external surface of the ear. When the cups, also known as the earmuffs, cover the external ear surface completely or seal the ear from the external noise, that’s when protection is achieved. Earplugs are items used for protection that can be inserted into the ear canal. With earplugs, the sound is blocked out only when the earplugs provide an airtight fitting when inserted. Headphones or earbuds are not for protection. However, they are music players and add to the noise strain instead of decreasing it. Finally, it’s the earbud or the earmuffs that work as noise protection and if either them if they are properly fitted then it decreases the noise by 15-30dB.
The first thing that probably one needs to look for is fitting and definitely not the budget – Yes definitely, we need to consider the budget. However, under the budget, we can look for the best fitting. At the end of the day, no matter how much you spend if you don’t have the right fitting the money spent would be a waste.
These are the reviews and features for just a few of the best ear muffs available in the market. There might be much more available in the market. However, this is the basic information to get you started. Remember the priority is to start protecting your ears from further damage as soon as possible. And along with that be a motivator for someone else to follow the same trend. Check the features and the reviews of the earmuff or the headset that you are getting are value for money and serve the necessary purpose. From the research conducted, Decibel Defense has the highest quality rating and great reviews; followed by Howard Leight by Honeywell. Ensure that whatever you buy in the end has great noise cancelling features and is comfortable along with fitting your head correctly.